Those of you who know me well enough probably were laughing when you read the last 2 lines of my previous entry. You're right, I doubt I'll even touch my books till, like, a couple of hours before the exam, haha!
I've realized why Singapore isn't progressing much. It's because of one major factor - the people. Well, more like their mindset. Most of the citizens here are so unfriendly! Take once incident for example, on my way to school this morning, my dad bid our neighbor, who was a complete stranger, a good morning when we stepped into the elevator and all she did was... Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not even a smile or a nod of acknowledgement! What a fantastic example to set for her 6-year-old daughter who witnessed this whole exchange - or lack thereof - of greetings. It can be quite frustrating sometimes really. I mean, it's not like it'd kill you to smile a little more, it won't hurt to care a little less about what other people think of you.
It's not just the unfriendliness either, it's the lack of consideration too. The usual everyday things that we've been so accustomed to seeing yet completely ignoring the fact that we are able to do something about it. Things like letting people alight from the MRT first before we get on, opening / holding the door for others, clapping when someone has achieved something, moving over to the second lane when you're not driving fast, driving faster on the first lane so you won't be the cause of a traffic jam on the expressway (not that I drive but these are a couple of things I've noticed on my way to school every morning), etc. I'm not giving a moral education speech here, but it's just these little things that could really make someone's day y'know?
7:18 PM